Lawrence House, Goodwyn Avenue
Mill Hill, London NW7 3RH
020 8906 4411

Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance covers damage to the fabric of a building and its permanent fixtures & fittings.

Every lease will be specific as to how the buildings insurance should be arranged and how the premium should be paid. More often than not, especially if you live in a flat or a maisonette, the lease will provide for the freeholder to insure the building and recover a share from each leaseholder.

This is essential so that not only is the entire "building" insured, including the common parts, but the policy does not lapse.

What is Covered

The policy provided by the insurers that we use is fully comprehensive and includes full Accidental Damage cover.

What is Not Covered

General exclusions found in insurance policies include wear and tear, gradually operating causes (e.g. dry rot and damp), defective workmanship and defective materials. Please read the policy wording for full details.

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance covers your personal belongings and is therefore the leaseholder’s responsibility. The freeholder has no rights over the placing of such insurance and it must be arranged by the leaseholder should it be required.


Please note that the telephone number required to make a claim is detailed on the bottom of your insurance certificate. The Insurance certificate will also have the policy number which will also be required.